Immune supporting Chicken vegetable soup
Updated: Mar 9
Warming and nourishing like a hug in a bowl. Perfect for the cooler months with warming traditional herbs. Did you know? If you have a cold or flu, chicken soup is PERFECT to reduce sickness duration. It contains sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium needed for hydration; Vitamin C and Zinc to support immune cells; anti-inflammatory to help with congestion; and raises body temperature to kill bacteria and viruses. Neat huh?!
Ingredients 1 organic, hormone and antibiotic free chicken, washed well
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 bunch celery, washed and chopped
2 large zucchini, washed and chopped
1 knob ginger, sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Cobram Olive oil
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Oregano, sage, thyme
1 bunch parsley, washed and chopped (add last)
Himalayan salt, season to taste
Filtered water POT METHOD 1. In a large soup pot on medium heat, cook onion and turmeric powder in olive oil until slightly brown. 2. Add carrot, celery, garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Place chicken into pot and cover completely with hot water. Add Apple Cider Vinegar.
4. Bring to boil and cook on medium-high heat for 60 minutes or until chicken falls off the bone. Add salt to taste.
5. Add fresh parsley before serving.
PRESSURE COOKER (quick version) 1. Add everything into pressure cooker and cover with filtered water.
2. Cook in pressure cooker on high for 30min (with valve closed) or until chicken cooked through.
3. Add fresh parsley before serving.
PRESSURE COOKER (for more flavour) Heat oil in pressure cooker pot and brown skin on chicken before adding all ingredients and water.
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen up to 2 weeks.