Bolognese sauce. A must.
Updated: Jul 3
Warming and comforting, this bolognese sauce is sure to please! Super easy to make and a great way to consume more herbs and spices with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits (i.e garlic, oregano, thyme, parsley).
500g Organic grass fed Beef mince
2 large carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
1 large brown onion, diced
Handfuls of fresh herbs: eg. Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary (Dried is fine, but more benefits from fresh)
1 tsp ground nutmeg 3 dried Bay Leaves 1 Tbsp Olive oil, for cooking
2 sachets tomato paste, salt reduced
1 tinned diced tomato
1 cup grass fed bone broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Heat olive oil in deep saucepan over medium heat, and sauté onion for 5 min or until translucent.
2) Add garlic, carrot and celery, stiring frequently to avoid burning
3) Add beef mince, break apart and cook through
4) Add diced tomato, tomato paste and bone broth. Simmer for 45min minutes on low heat.
5) Serve bolognese over cauliflower gnocchi (or zoodles, spaghetti squash or baked sweet potato)
Give this recipe a try and tag me on Instagram (@beyondutritionwellness) with your creations!